PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
CHANGES TO OUR SITE
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
ACCESSING OUR SITE
You agree not to access or use our site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any of our accounts, computer systems or networks. You agree not to attempt to gain unauthorised access to any parts of the site or to interfere with the proper working of the site or any of our accounts, computer systems or networks.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice.
We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it in whatever format. Intellectual property rights means rights such as: copyright, trade marks, domain names, design rights, database rights, patents and all other intellectual property rights of any kind whether or not they are registered or unregistered (anywhere in the world). We and our licensors reserve all of our rights in any intellectual property on our site.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
In case you use any content or information from our site in any other website, publication or other media, you must reference our website. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
• use of, or inability to use, our site;
• use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site;
• loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
• business interruption;
• loss of or destruction to or corruption of data;
• loss of anticipated savings;
• loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
• any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you could commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 or similar legislation. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN OUR SITE
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
LINKS TO OUR SITE
You may only link to the homepage of our site, www.rdlawpractice.co.uk. Linking to other pages on our site requires our express written permission.
Links to our site must be fair and lawful. You must not take unfair advantage of our reputation or attempt to damage our reputation.
You must not link to our site in a manner that suggests any association with us (where there is none) or any endorsement or approval from us (where there is none).
Your link should not use any logos or trademarks displayed on our site without Our express written permission.
You must not frame or embed our site on another website without our express written permission.
You may not link to our site from another website the main content of which is unlawful; obscene; offensive; inappropriate; dishonest; defamatory; threatening; racist, sexist, or otherwise discriminatory; that promotes violence, racial hatred, or terrorism; that infringes intellectual property rights; or that we deem to be otherwise objectionable.
YOUR USE OF OUR CONTACT FORM
We provide a contact form on our website (“contact form”).
When using our contact form or contacting us by any other means, the following rules apply, and you must not communicate, submit, or otherwise do anything that:
– is sexually explicit;
– in any way sexualises minors (including, but not limited to, child sexual abuse material);
– is obscene, deliberately offensive, hateful, or otherwise inflammatory;
– promotes violence;
– promotes, encourages, incites, or supports acts of terrorism;
– promotes or assists in any form of unlawful activity;
– is defamatory of another person;
– bullies, insults, intimidates, or humiliates another person;
– discriminates against, or is in any way defamatory of, any person, group, or class of persons; race; nationality; gender; gender identity; sexual orientation; religious or philosophical beliefs; disability; or age;
– is intended or otherwise likely to threaten, harass, annoy, alarm, inconvenience, upset, or embarrass another person;
– is calculated or otherwise likely to deceive;
– is intended or otherwise likely to infringe (or threaten to infringe) another person’s right to privacy or otherwise uses their personal information in a way that you do not have a right to;
– misleadingly impersonates any person or otherwise misrepresents your identity or affiliation in a way that is calculated to deceive;
– implies any form of affiliation with us or any other party where there is none;
– infringes, or assists in the infringement of, the intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, copyright, designs, patents, trademarks, and database rights) belonging to us or any other party; or
– is in breach of any legal duty owed to another party including, but not limited to, contractual duties and duties of confidence.
We may monitor any and all communications made using our contact form.
If you have any questions regarding these terms then please contact us Richard Donaldson, RD Law Practice, Eastbye, Exnaboe, Virkie, Shetland ZE3 9JS, or email@example.com.